Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Years Resolution Time - Reducing Waste

This year's New Years resolution is reducing waste, especially paper products like paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper. I've been purchasing the huge money saver packs of these monthly. They are still quite expensive to buy this way, and the thought of all the trees and energy that go into their production bothers me. It's going to be a tough sell getting the family on board, but I'm hoping that if I lead, they will follow. To eliminate paper towel use, I have cut up old towels and placed them in a kitchen drawer. A Saturday afternoon project was to cut up an old set of napkins into quarters and stitch the edges on the sewing machine so they won't fray. These will serve as re-useable napkins. Next project...install a bidet attachment to the toilet. Now, if only I can figure out how to attach the hot water...it is supposed to simply attach under the sink, but it is intimidating to someone with zero plumbing skills (any volunteers?)! I figure a savings of approximately $40/month if the whole family cooperates, and there's the added bonus of being more eco-friendly. Wishing you a happy and healthy New year!


1 comment:

  1. This year's New Years resolution is reducing waste, especially paper products like paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper.custom plastic injection molding 

    ReplyDelete